Saturday, June 26, 2010

LAX

Well folks I have made it to the international terminal at the Los Angles Airport. It has been a pretty crazy day so far. My flights got changed today so I would have enough time to make my connection to Taipei. My parents and I quickly drove to Sioux Falls to get to the airport on time. Then I had to change tickets because I have paper tickets. There was a mix-up of some sort but I got on the right flight to Denver. The flight to Denver is not my favorite by any means. Any sort of weather and its very bumping. There was weather today which ruined my view of the mountains. I was slightly bummed about that. After Denver I flew to LA. This flight was amazing. The Grand Canyon and the Mojave Desert are so beautiful. I have decided that some day, I will take a camping trip in the Grand Canyon. The next amazing sight was the Colorado river. It was so large even from the plane. Our God is such an awesome God. How he created everything for a certain purpose. When I landed in LA, I had to figure out how to find the correct terminal. This was a pretty crazy adventure but I will share later. I am out of Internet minutes.


About an hour later.

OK so I found where the free Internet is. Well not exactly free but cheaper than what I was paying before. After I ran out of Internet minutes before I walked around the airport for awhile to find a place comfortable to sleep. On the non secure side of security there isn't much. I sat, read and wrote in my journal for awhile. Then I decided to wander some more. I found this place called reLAX. You do have to pay to get in but I decided it was worth it so I can get a 3 hour nap it. They even will wake me up when I need to go check in and get my ticket. And in reLAX you get free Internet :) OK back to my story about finding the correct terminal.

I got off the plane and knew that I needed to check in and get a ticket for the next leg of my journey. I looked for a sign that said tickets and Check in. I found some and followed them to baggage claim. I was not in the correct spot. Next I asked at the airport security desk where I should go. He told me to walk down the stairs and outside. Then I was to get on the Airport shuttle blue line A and that would take me to the right place. Well I walked outside and waited for the shuttle. It didn't come. I probably wasn't patient enough. Then I asked an another airport cop where to go. He told me it would be fastest to walk to terminal 2 and that's where I would find China Airlines. So I walked the three blocks to terminal 2. Well there were no signs for China Airlines. I was a little worried but glad I had a lot of time. I went inside to ask for help. I found some guys who's job is to move luggage. So I asked them where to find China Airlines. Well they spoke mainly Spanish. I wanted to leave I find someone else but didn't what to be rude. But to my surprise they gave the best information. One of the guys asked me what city I was going to. I told him Taipei. Then with a realization he says international terminal. I was excited I had a place that I could look for. Then he pointed me in the right direction saying that its was cerca de tres (not correct spelling I'm sure but it means near three) Then I was able to walk to the correct terminal. It made so much more sense when I knew I needed to find the international terminal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are tracking your plane and see you are flying over the WATER with 3 hours and some to go. Gma thought about you traveling every time she woke up last night.
Aren't you glad you knew some Spanish at the airport? I didn't know they had safe resting spots but it is a good idea.
I know it was a hard thing to live with ma and pa for a week but we did enjoy having you. Study inclux really hard so you don't have to live long with us next year and I won't have to work so hard to keep my mouth shut.
Dad says the background on the blog is dark but gma didn't complain so I wouldn't worry about it. (like you would have time)
We aare praying for you for a safe journey and a blessed work there. love, ma and pa

Ellen said...

just so you know...you did spell cerca de tres correctly :)