Monday, August 9, 2010

Back in the States

I arrived back in the States on Friday. My trip home was pretty uneventful until I got to the Twin Cities--my plane had a flat tire. After arriving my parents and I headed to Doon for my friends Monica and Jeremy's wedding. Saturday I spent the day resting in Edgerton. Sunday night after church in Sioux Falls I arrived in Orange City.

It feels really good to be back at school. Now I am in a period of transition. I am processing what I learned and saw in the Philippines while preparing to lead seven freshmen in the Boundary Waters. I am so thankful I went on the trip to the Philippines. I was able to learn many things--about nursing, life in a third world country, life away from the comforts of home, thing about myself.

Highlights from my trip!
  • Two weeks in Manila with the Kleyns and Smits
  • Delivering babies
  • Getting an IV in on a 3 month old
  • gaining confidence in my assessment skills (its a nursing thing but you want your nurse to have good assessment skills
  • Snorkeling in Boracay
  • Learning about new foods
  • Mangos
  • Working in the Public Health (I saw another part of nursing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

triessibIt is so nice you are back in the states.